Research, Technology Development and Innovation
The implementation of RTDI (Research, Technology Development and Innovation) initiatives aims at:
- Ensuring the execution of the SatCen R&I activities by participating in programmes such as Horizon 2020;
- Providing new solutions supporting the operational needs of the Centre and its Stakeholders by looking at the whole EO data lifecycle;
- Fostering cooperation with the European Space Agency and the Group on Earth Observations.
RTDI main work streams are related to:
- New Data Acquisition Systems (e.g. HAPS);
- Secure Satellite Communications (e.g. EU GOVSATCOM);
- Innovative Technologies (e.g. Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Interoperable Platforms);
- EO Based Applications (e.g. SAR Change Detection).
Get in touch
To request further information on current RTDI activities at SatCen, please send an email to email@example.com.